Greetings Ute fans,
Utah Men's Lacrosse continues to need your support for our 2013 season and beyond.
As you may be aware, Men's Lacrosse is not an NCAA varsity sport at the University of Utah and has no formal affiliation with the Utah athletic department or its financial resources. Because of this, over 70% our funding comes from dues paid by players, some of who work multiple jobs to cover the costs. The other 30% is raised through fundraising and generous individual and corporate supporters like you! It cost in excess of $120,000 to operate the team each season. Our largest expense is of course travel, an essential element to maintaining exposure, growth, and success of our program. In addition to our normal season schedule, we hope to earn an invite to the MCLA National Championship Tournament in May which would adds a significant expense of over $25,000 to the annual budget.
One of the primary goals we are currently striving for is to develop a financial support program for our newly created player scholarship fund. This program is run through our "Boosters of Utes Lacrosse Club and is designed to provide financial assistance to student-athletes who simply do not have the financial resources to be a part of our program. This program is absolutely necessary to enhance our national recruiting efforts and support worthy student-athletes who do not have adequate financial resources to pay dues.
In addition to individual support through our "Boosters of Utes Lacrosse Club it is essential that we also attract corporate partnerships and sponsorships. We can offer advertising opportunities to Sponsors through our various media outlets (website, media guide, schedule poster, game broadcasts, etc.) which can reach a very significant fan base. Sponsorships can make a difference by helping provide safer travel, better equipment, and greatly easing the financial burden on our student-athletes. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss sponsorship opportunities with you to expand on what is involved in running our program and how our resources we can benefit your brand.
The Utah Men's Lacrosse Club is a registerred 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in Utah. As such, donations are tax deductible and likely qualify for matching gifts programs offered by many businesses. A donation of $250 or more makes you a member of our Booster Club providing you with exclusive Booster benefits, but any amount is greatly appreciated. Please consider a contribution and if you have any questions about our program or ways you can help, please contact me personally anytime.
Thank you for your support of Utah Lacrosse, and Go Utes!
Men's Lacrosse Program
University of Utah